London plumber murdered Deliveroo driver in ‘road rage attack’

London plumber murdered Deliveroo driver in ‘road rage attack’

London plumber murdered Deliveroo driver in ‘road rage attack’

Nathan Smith (left) stabbed part-time delivery driver Takieddine Boudhane (right) (Picture: PA)

Nathan Smith (left) stabbed part-time delivery driver Takieddine Boudhane (right) (Picture: PA)

A Deliveroo driver has been killed in a ‘road rage attack’ after his killer refused ‘to let things rest’.

Nathan Smith, 28, stabbed part-time delivery driver Takieddine Boudhane, 30, on the evening of January 3, 2020 in Finsbury Park, London.

The 28-year-old plumber, in a white VW Caddy van, had made a right turn at the same time as Mr. Boudhane, who was riding a moped.

Words were exchanged between the pair after they disagreed on the maneuver, Julian Evans QC had told jurors.

Smith then got out of his van with a knife in hand and went “on the attack” towards Mr. Boudhane.

The Deliveroo driver, who also worked as a chef, used his helmet to try to steer the plumber away.

Even when the incident appeared to be over, Smith was “just not ready to let it end there”, Mr Evans said.

Describing CCTV footage of the incident, the prosecutor said: ‘As Smith walked down the pavement, he ducked under the swinging hard hat and swung his knife twice, in quick succession, at the upper body of Takieddine.

Takieddine Boudhane, who was also a chef, used his hard hat to ward off the plumber (Picture: PA)

Takieddine Boudhane, who was also a chef, used his hard hat to ward off the plumber (Picture: PA)

“It is the prosecution’s evidence that one of these two rapid blows with the knife, each given with force, penetrated Takieddine’s chest.”

Despite sustaining a 7.5cm injury, Mr Boudhane ran after Smith and hit the side of the van with his hard hat as he drove away, the court heard.

Mr. Boudhane then collapsed to the ground. Despite the efforts of doctors on site, he died at 7:42 p.m.

Meanwhile, Smith drove home and did not tell his family about what had happened, jurors were told.

The next day he flew from Luton Airport to Austria using his brother’s passport and bank card.

Undated Metropolitan Police handout photo of Nathan Smith, 28, who was found guilty of murdering 30-year-old Takieddine Boudhane in a road rage attack captured in shocking CCTV footage.  Nathan, walked out with a knife and stabbed part-time delivery driver Takieddine on the evening of January 3, 2020 following a minor traffic incident.  Smith will be remanded in custody until sentencing on Thursday, August 25.  Issue date: Wednesday August 17, 2022. PA Photo.  See PA story COURTS FinsburyPark.  Photo credit should read: Metropolitan Police/PA Wire NOTE TO EDITORS: This handout photo may only be used for editorial reporting purposes for the contemporaneous illustration of events, things or people in the image or the facts mentioned in the caption.  Reuse of the image may require additional permission from the copyright holder.

Smith drove home and would later flee to Austria to escape police capture (Picture: PA)

Police later recovered Smith’s van and found bloodstains matching the victim’s DNA.

In February 2020, an arrest warrant was issued for Smith.

On June 3, 2021, he returned to the UK from Lisbon, accompanied by British officers.

During his trial, Smith, of Archway, north London, claimed he acted ‘defensively’ after Mr Boudhane produced a screwdriver.

He told jurors: “From the start, I intended to scare him. The only thing that scared him was that I came towards him brandishing a knife. I don’t remember intending to hit him with a knife.

Finsbury Park North London Friday 3rd January 2020 A murder investigation is underway following a brutal stabbing in Finsbury Park.  Police were called at around 6.50pm on Friday January 3 to reports that a Deliveroo and UberEats moped driver had been stabbed in Charteris Road, near the junction with Lennox Road, Finsbury Park.  Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene.  The victim ???  30 years old???  was pronounced dead at the scene at 7:42 p.m.  Fellow delivery workers gathered in Stroud Green Road said a colleague suffered a road rage attack following an altercation with a motorist.  No arrests;  investigations into the circumstances are continuing.  Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD5934/3Jan.  .??UKNIP

Police at the scene on January 3, 2020 following the tragedy (Photo: Picasa)

“He swung for me, I swung back. I was not angry. I was scared at that time.

The jury deliberated for approximately three hours to reject Smith’s self-defense claim and find him guilty of murder.

Judge Mark Lucraft QC took Smith into custody until sentencing on Thursday August 25.

Chief Detective Inspector Neil John, who led Scotland Yard’s investigation, said: ‘Smith thought he could get away with murder by leaving the UK, but we never abandoned our efforts to find him, using all resources at the Met’s disposal.

“This case illustrates once again the dangers that guns cause on our streets and I hope anyone considering carrying a knife thinks again after seeing the devastation this case has caused to two sets of families.”

Contact our press team by emailing us at

For more stories like this, check out our news page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.