Murder of Olivia Pratt-Korbel: Police appeal to public again, saying ‘you know her name, now we need the name of her killer’ | UK News

Police have issued a fresh appeal for information to find the killer of nine-year-old Olivia Pratt-Korbel in Liverpool, saying ‘you know her name, now we need the name of her killer’.

Officers said she would not celebrate her 18th birthday, marry or have children as her life had been cut short.

In a social media post, Merseyside Police released a video showing footage of the schoolgirl who was shot last Monday night, along with photos of two other recent shooting victims in the town, Sam Rimmer and Ashley Dale.

Officers called on the public to name those who killed them, saying ‘silence is not an option’ and those at risk of withholding information were warned they were protecting from killers.

A voiceover in the video reads: “We have parents who have lost children. We have a nine-year-old girl who won’t turn 18, she won’t celebrate her wedding, she won, she didn’t d ‘children.”

He added: “If you have information and you withhold it, you protect the killers. We need your information. Provide us with that information and we will do the rest.”

A caption with the message read: “The progress we have made in seeking justice for Olivia Pratt-Korbel, Ashley Dale and Sam Rimmer is due to public information.

“Unfortunately we all now know the names of Olivia, Ashley and Sam. Now we need their killer.”

Merseyside Police said anyone with information can contact them via social media or by calling 101.

CCTV, dashcam and smart doorbell images can be submitted online via mipp.police.uk.

Police released aerial footage of the arrest of a 36-year-old man on suspicion of Olivia's murder
Image:
Police released aerial footage of the arrest of a 36-year-old man on suspicion of Olivia’s murder

Council worker Ms Dale, 28, was found fatally injured in the back garden of a house in Old Swan on Sunday August 21. It is believed that she was not the intended victim.

Mr Rimmer, 22, was shot dead in Dingle on Tuesday August 16.

Murder suspects released on bail

Police investigating the murder of Olivia in Dovecot yesterday released two men on bail after they were arrested and questioned on suspicion of murder and two counts of attempted murder.

They were a 36-year-old man from Huyton and a 33-year-old man from Dovecot. The 36-year-old was recalled to prison after breaching the terms of his permit.

Officers were also seen carrying a door away from the scene of the attack, as Merseyside Police continue to search for information on a car.

“We are still appealing to anyone who saw a black Audi Q3 in the days leading up to the shooting, or has information about its movements after leaving Kingsheath Avenue on the night of the shooting,” the force said.

The Audi Q3 that was seized by the police.  Photo: Merseyside Police
Image:
The Audi Q3 that was seized by the police. Photo: Merseyside Police

“You feel the anger”

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson wore a shirt at Anfield on Saturday with the message: “RIP Olivia, YNWA” (You’ll never walk alone).

The schoolgirl was shot dead after a gunman chased his target, who was named as a 35-year-old convicted burglar Joseph Bornat his family home in Dovecot.

His mother Cheryl, 46, was injured in the shooting.

A local councilor told Sky News grief in the community had turned to “anger” over the shooting.

Harry Doyle, Deputy Mayor of Liverpool, said: “The community is clearly going through the stages of bereavement.

“We feel it. At first it was shock, now it’s a lot of anger, and you feel it.

“(There is) anger about a lot of things, but at the end of the day we want to find the right people (responsible).”

Councilor Doyle added: “People have been providing information since day one – and they’ve come forward in droves.”

Anyone with information is asked to message @MerPolCC or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.